Wellington Region Cycleways
- 29 Apr 2012
- Wellington Region Cycleways
- The Tararua Traverse is a proposed cycle track linking Shannon and Eketahuna.
- Accepted from Wellington Region Cycleways 55 weeks ago by feedreader
- Automatically tagged as:
This newsitem has 3 comments.
- ‘[...] there are two natural routes through the district, an east west one which I talk about in detail in A Foxton Beach to Castlepoint Cycleway. And a north-south one that would follow the old wooden railway line south out of Palmy and head [...] ’
- ‘Simon it would be good. Except Levin is losing any stops on the Overlander next month and the Capital Connection looks like it is going to be killed off soon. Levin won’t be served by train. Full Stop. It would be nice if a Saturday morning train disgorged keen Wellington cyclists in Shannon and they got on the Wairarapa train after busting a gut over the Tararua tops. May I recommend the book The Hidden Reality by physicist Brian Greene. It’s all about parallel universes. ’
- ‘Having flown over the route before making a recomendation, I can tell you it is stunning country along the tops (on a fine day). Hope it goes ahead one day. Could certainly imagine catching the train to Levin, then riding over and catching the train back from Masterton on a long weekend. ’
You can add own comments here.
This item has had the following tags applied to it:
- cycling (automatically derived from publisher's tags)
- sport (automatically derived from publisher's tags ancestor)
- blogs (automatically derived from publisher's tags)
No geotags have been applied to this item.
Add tags to this items: